Saturday, September 20, 2014

Blackened Grilled Salmon - Indian Style

Ingredients:
3 Salmon fillet
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Ajwain (Carom) Seeds
turmeric powder
red chilly powder (to taste)
Kala Namak (Himalayan Black Salt) to taste
5-6 cloves of garlic, and juice of 3 lemons

Steps:
  1. Clean and pat dry salmon with paper towel. 
  2. In a large bowl marinate salmon in juice of the lemons for 15 minutes. 
  3. Dry roast Cumin seeds and Carom (Ajwain) seeds for 1 minutes or so on high flame. Once done crush it into powder.  
  4. Add all the ingredients after 15 minutes to the salmon and marinate in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
  5. Turn on your grill (I have gas grill, you can do the same on any indoor or outdoor grills) and cook salmon for 8-10 minutes on each side or until done. I like my fillet well done, you can alter time based on your liking.
  6. Once done plate it and eat it with grilled vegetables (my preference) or Zeera rice (rice cooked with cumin seeds). 
  7. You can squeeze lemon on the top of the salmon to you taste. 


1 comment:

  1. This seems interesting and low on calorie count. I am off to my kitchen to try this recipe. (I know I am very calorie conscious and these recipes are helping me :) )

    ReplyDelete