Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Healthy Vegetable Patty

Welcome back to my blog!!
While I am getting use to blogging, I am also getting creative through every post on the food I cook. My tag line "Unleashing your kitchen's potential" is what I really did last night and this morning. I like to cook fresh for my child's lunch, without compromising on her health and nutrition.

Yes I cooked Quick Fix Pasta for her lunch yesterday and today I had to out beat myself. So after scratching my head on it last night and going through my refrigerator as well as pantry; I came across few ingredients that I had to put on my grocery shopping list for this weekend. So I pulled out Italian style seasoned bread crumbs, eggs, and mozzarella. What will I do with these??

The first thing that clicked with these ingredients was meatballs. But you cannot make meatballs without meat and it was way too late to go get some. While looking for substitute, I came across broccoli and spinach. So, I decided to cook my twist to meatballs with vegetables.

I knew to do it all in the morning will be time consuming, so I prepped for it last night by blanching 1 cup of spinach in boiling water for a minute or two and steaming 1 cup of broccoli. I finely chopped both vegetables after cooling them down and put it in the refrigerator to cook in the morning.

This morning I pulled out all the ingredients together......


Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup Italian style seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup mozzarella cheese
salt to taste
1 tsp crushed black pepper
finely chopped prepped vegetables from last night
Step 1:
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients and make small patties with your hands. Lay the patties on parchment lined baking tray.
Step 2:
Bake at 375 Degree F for 25 minutes or until golden brown. (Turn the patties after 15 minutes into baking to evenly cook both side)

Below is the final product that she had a taste of before I packed it up for her. Served it with ketchup and it turned out deelicious and deelightful (the words she used to describe it). I was happy to see that smile on her face; yes the same smile we parents win as a trophy in return to our hard work....She enjoyed it and I hope your kids enjoy it too..

You can serve it as an appetizer or lunchbox meal with ketchup or any other sauces of your choice.



ENJOY!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum.Will try this for sure, how about using some plain bread crumbs instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again Neha. You can use plain bread crumbs but please make sure to spice it up for flavors. Like you can use fresh cilantro, red chilly powder, chaat masala etc. Otherwise your patty will taste bland. I uses Italian style bread crumbs to add flavor to the patty. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete