Friday, October 3, 2014

Baked Gulgule/Pua//Pue/Pooda - Sweet Dumplings

My aunt who is from Eastern UP makes the best sweet delicacies during festive season. With Karvachauth approaching, the one thing I miss and can't forget is her hand made Goodh/Gur (Jaggery) ke Pue/Pua/Pooda/Gulgule (Sweet Dumplings).  The little scrumptious muffins/sweet dumplings were always prepared ahead of time, in bulk. She fried them in batches and we all enjoyed them for days.....
Here is something to remember the magic she created every year for us. So here is to you Chachi; love you and miss you. Do come visit us soon and try out my hand made twist to your awesome recipe.

No prep time needed. A quick and easy recipe to make. My daughter who isn't a fan of sweets/desserts, gobbles these in minutes. She loved it and so we. It reminded me of my family and I hope it does the same for you.
Cook time: 40 minutes
Servings: Make 15 (small size)
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups All purpose flour (I used unbleached)
2 ripe bananas - mashed (I used back of the fork to mash them)
1 medium apples - pealed and grated
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
11 tbsp or 2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 tbsp 1% milk

Steps:

  1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and let it sit for 1-2 minutes. Mix it again with a whisk.
  2. Preheat the oven at 375 F (190 C), Grease the cupcake or muffin tray with butter and fill the molds half way with the batter. 
  3. Once the oven preheat, bake the batter for 15-20 minutes.   
  4. After 15 minutes use a toothpick to check if the muffins are done. (insert the toothpick in the middle of the muffin and if it comes out clean then they are done. If not, bake for 5 - 10 more minutes and check again). 
  5. Once they are done baking they will fall out of the molds.
  6. Enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee....
No frying!!! An amazing way to enjoy the same taste and flavors of your childhood dessert/sweet this Karvachauth.....

I found my alternative, I hope you do too....

No comments:

Post a Comment