Friday, September 26, 2014

Guilt-free Cucumber rolls

Here is a guilt-free Navrati food recipe I came up with last night. I didn't feel like frying and was looking for a healthy alternative, so thought of trying something new. I always make these cucumber rolls as an appetizer, and decided to give it a twist with some Indian flavors. What better way to enjoy same food during festivities without being fried????

It turned out deelicious for me and I gobbled 6 of these. How many will you??
The only prep work I had to do is to wash and soak Sabudana (1 cup) for at least 6-7 hours.

Ingredients:
1 large seedless cucumber - washed and patted dry
Soaked Sabudana (1 cup)
1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp lemon juice
1 pinch crushed black pepper
1 tsp red chilly pepper
3 tbsp Greek Yogurt
Salt to taste (I used Sendha Namak)

Steps:

  1. Thinly slice cucumber lengthwise. Please see the picture below
  2. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and get ready to roll.
  3. Place 1 or 1 1/2 tsp of mixture at one end of the cucumber slices and roll up. You can secure the roll with a toothpick or can simply place it on a plate. If not serving immediately, chill until ready to serve.
  4. Enjoy the guilt-free way of enjoying the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment