Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sugarless Dried Cranberries & Sesame Laddus (Ball shaped sweet/dessert)

These days I am tempted to try out new and healthy recipes. Today I had my 'sugarless' light bulb, light up on me. I felt like eating laddu's however didn't want to get store bought stuff. I opened my pantry and saw a pack of dried cranberries that was sitting there untouched since I last used it. Cranberries are quiet sweet (tastes just like Kishmish/Dried Raisins) and if used in a dessert, you don't really have to use SUGAR......

I love sesame laddu's and so I decided to add my own twist to it;  'the SUGARLESS way' by using dried cranberries and coconut for added flavors.

So here you are. Unleash your kitchen's potential as I did with no prep time.


Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: makes 10 laddu's (medium size)

Ingredients:
2 cups dried cranberries
2 cups white sesame seeds
1 cup dry shredded cococut
1/2 cup powdered coconut - for texture
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup chopped pistachio
1/4 cup 1% milk - for binding
1/2 tsp green cardamom powder

Steps:
  1. Finely chop 2 cups of dried cranberries.
  2. Dry roast sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes in a non-stick pan on medium heat or until it's light golden color.
  3. Cool off the sesame seeds and lightly grind them for a few seconds. Make sure you don't grind them too thin. 
  4. Dry roast the shredded coconut in a non-stick pan for about a minute or 2.
  5. In a blender, grind all the nuts with cardamom powder and milk to thin consistency along with sesame seeds, cranberries and shredded coconut.
  6. Transfer the mixture in a big bowl and mix well with hands (use gloves). 
  7. Take small amount of mixture and roll with your hands to form shape of a ball or laddu. 
  8. Once done making balls, roll the laddu/balls in powdered coconut to add texture to it. 
Enjoy the yummy goodness - "SUGARLESS" laddus/balls, FooDeeva way with lots of flavors and added color from dried cranberries; as a dessert this navrati season with a cup of tea or coffee. 












No comments:

Post a Comment