Sunday, September 28, 2014

Baked Topica (Sabudana) and Potato Patties

In continuation with my healthy theme and to eat right, I came up with another healthy way to eat Topica (Sabudana) during Navratri days.

Every time I cook Sabudana, it reminds me of my mom and gives me a new prospective to love her even more. She use to cook food for all of us during the fasting time through Navratri and try to do something different each day. I am trying to follow her footsteps by using the same ingredients in a different way - "the FooDeeva way". Hope you all like it.

LOVE YOU MAA. This one is for you.......

This recipe of mine is devoted to her in a healthy way. No frying and no use of oil, other then brushing my patties with a drop of olive oil.....

The only prep work for this recipe is to wash and soak 1 cup Sabudana (Topica) overnight for soft and smoother texture.

Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes

Serves: 10 small size patties

Ingredients:
2 medium boiled potatoes 
1 cup washed and soaked sabudana (topica) - over night
handful of peanuts 
handful of finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp red chilly powder
2-3 green chillies 
1 tsp powdered cumin seeds
Sendha or Himalayan Black salt - to taste

Steps: 
  1. Dry roast peanuts in a non stick pan and lightly crush them.
  2. In a large bowl mash the boiled potatoes and add all the ingredients including crushed peanuts and Sabudana (Topica) to it. Mix well. 
  3. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Roll out the patties using bare hands (use gloves) and line them up on a baking tray. Spray some oil olive (I use PAM) or lightly brush top of the patties with olive oil before baking .
  4. Bake for 40 minutes, turning the patties every 15 minutes or till golden brown.
  5. Serve your patty with Greek yogurt dip over a cup of tea or coffee. 
Enjoy another healthy way of eating sabudana, the Baked way :) from my kitchen to yours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment