Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Quick fix Pasta

Colorful to eyes and deelicious to taste.
I am a parent and I like to cook healthy for my child. This is a quick and easy way to prepare pasta loaded with vegetables made out of wheat with no hassle of adding pasta sauces or going through prep work. I like to cook fresh, so this quick and easy recipe comes in handy. I get a clean sweep every time I cook this scrumptious meal. You too can try it out and let me know how it turns out for you. Mine loves it and I hope yours too.
Here is a simple recipe from my kitchen to yours.

Cook time - 15 minutes 
Servings - 1 to 2
Ingredients:
4 cups of water for boiling
3-4 florets of broccoli
1/4 cup of finely cut carrots
handful of corn kernels
handful of green peas
handful of green beans - cut in half inch
1/2 cup pasta (I use gluten free wheat pasta. You can use shaped pasta as well.)
1 tsp of chat masala
1 1/2 tsp butter (I use "I Cannot Believe Its Not Butter")
pinch of salt
1 tsp olive oil

Steps:
  1. Wash, clean and strain all the vegetable. 
  2. On high flame boil 4 cups of water with a pinch of salt and 1 tsp olive oil (this helps in pasta from sticking). Once water comes to a boil add pasta and cook till 3/4 done. Now add all the vegetables except broccoli to the boiling water. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until carrots are almost tender, on medium heat. Now add broccoli and let it sit for a minute. Turn off the heat.
  3. Strain the water using a colander and transfer pasta/vegetable to a bowl. 
  4. Add chat masala and butter to the cooked pasta while still hot. Mix well.
  5. Serve hot with a smoothie or cool it down and pack it for lunch.
My child's all time favorite. I hope the same for yours. Easy and quick recipe for parents.

Tips: If your child doesn't like taste of chat masala (mine doesn't like it but when I mix it well with the pasta and butter, they can't differentiate), as an alternative you can use Himalayan Mountain Salt (kala namak) to taste and a pinch of black pepper. 

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment