Thursday, October 15, 2015

Spinach Shake



Spinach is one of my favorite vegetables and I have always enjoyed it in savory form. Its part of my weekly grocery list and is always available in my refrigerator when I need it. You will see it on our plates during lunch and dinner time however I have never incorporated spinach in my breakfast. 

I've heard a lot from my friends about different kind of protein shakes, however I've never been a shake drinking person. Couple of weeks ago, I decided to try my hands on few however I was not able to develop my taste in them, until an idea sparked after seeing some online posts on spinach shake. As Spinach is an excellent source of IRON and CALCIUM, I blended it with some healthy foods to make this scrumptious wonder shake. 

I enjoyed making it and drinking it ever since. This is my daily breakfast. A large beer glass full of Spinach Shake...YUMMM!!!!

Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1

Ingredients:
2-3 cups of washed and cleaned spinach leaves with stems
4-5 almonds with skin (you can remove the skin by soaking them in water overnight)
3 dates (pits removed)
1 apple or banana (I used Apple today but have used banana as well)
1 cup of fat free milk (you can use soya, almond or any other kind of milk)


Steps:
  1. In a blender add dates (pits removed) and almonds. Add milk to the blender and mix well. [picture explanation]


  2. Add apples to the mix and blend again. 

  3. Add spinach and blend again.

Your final product is ready. No need to add sugar; dates and apples in the shake will do the trick. The scrumptious Spinach Shake is ready. One full glass will make you feel full. Do try it out and leave notes / feedback on my blog. 

ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment